Senior Software Engineers
Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer to work for a forward thinking Automation Solutions Provider in Glasgow. The company offers a range of industrial information systems where they design, build and deploy Real-time Information Systems and Solutions within the Oil, Gas and Power Industries. They also service and support their clients' systems during the on-going development and maintenance.
* The work involves the requirements gathering, design, programming, testing, documentation and commissioning of IT projects
* There will be an emphasis on developing and configuring solutions based on Real-time Information Systems, principally using the OSIsoft PI System augmented by applications.
* You will also need to Investigate and resolve problems with Real-time Information Systems.
* Experience with platform solutions such as Thingworx, OSIsoft PI or other Real Time Data Historian, is preferred.
* Knowledge of languages such as C#, C++, ASP and the .Net environment or similar, will provide an excellent foundation for learning to use customer specific software tools.
* Experience of Database Systems including Microsoft SQL Server;
* Awareness of OSIsoft PI products (preferably including development using the OSIsoft development technologies);
* Knowledge of industry (preferably Oil & Gas or Power).
* Degree or HND in a computing related subject.
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a role with a well-respected company in Glasgow where you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package. If you would like to share in the company's ongoing success, please apply with your CV for immediate consideration.