Senior/ Study Director - Environmental Fate
£ Competitive + Benefits
Commutable from London, Southend-on-Sea, Braintree, Colchester, Harlow, Bishop's Stortford and Saffron Walden
Russell Taylor is recruiting for a senior/ Study Director to work within the Environmental Fate department of a leading CRO based in the Essex area.
About the role
As a Senior Study Director it will be your responsibility to ensure that all studies conducted are to the required standards (GLP) and the role will offer significant opportunities for the successful candidate to work on multiple exciting projects within Environmental Fate.
- Act as a Study Director under GLP regulations and ensure all studies are conducted in full compliance with GLP regulations.
- Have a proven ability to plan and conduct a schedule of studies to a high standard, on time and to budget and understand process of recourse when plan or budget deviates.
- Ensuring that studies are performed in accordance with the study protocol. Standard operating procedures and required scientific and regulatory standards.
- Demonstrate in-depth and up to date knowledge of GLP regulations
- Ensure all study communication is documented and maintained and carried out to meet client requirements
- Ensure that all studies are archived according to current SOP's
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of physical-chemical tests, so that the person will be able to advise internal/external clients on study designs
- Ensure on-time delivery targets (protocols, results, reports) and assist others in the group in achieving these
- Assist with organising and hosting client visits (internal and external)
- Understand and apply the study costing process and financial/resource issues.
- Ensure the master schedule is updated for their assigned studies
- Understand existing departmental procedures and systems, and drive process improvements
- Develop teamwork with study team, Sales and Marketing group, Quality Assurance and other departments
- Constructively participate in departmental meetings, scheduling etc
To be considered for this role, applicants should have a minimum of 10 years' experience in the Agrochemical, Crop Protection, Chemical or Surfactants industry. Ideally you will hold a minimum of MSc (Ideally PhD) in a related subject. My client is offering a highly competitive remuneration package as well as opportunities for progression.