Senior Test Engineer/ Medical Devices
Location: Southampton, Portsmouth, Havant, Waterlooville, Hampshire
Salary: Highly competitive
Our Client, a Global testing and Certification Company are looking to recruit for an experienced Electrical Medical Devices specialist to play a vital role as the Senior Testing Engineer onsite. The successful Candidate will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary and package, alongside the chance to work in a modern - testing environment for a Company who are very much on the up and will offer significant progression routes.
The Senior Engineer position would ideally suit an experienced Medical Engineer with knowledge of active medical devices and equipment, and who is familiar with and has worked to the IEC 60601 series and ISO 14971 standards. The successful candidate would be responsible for helping clients to achieve product compliance for a range of active medical devices and will have the opportunity to develop their role in to other aspects of medical device compliance such as auditing.
- Carrying out medical electrical safety testing and design assessment at TÜV SÜD laboratories and at customers' sites.
- Production of detailed test reports and client deliverables.
- Identification of compliance requirements and strategies with the ability to apply these using a pragmatic and common sense approach.
- Supporting client meetings, interpretation of customer enquiries, pricing of work packages and general support to the commercial team.
- Creating and delivering training for staff and clients and supporting junior members of the engineering team.
- Ensuring the quality and throughput of work with projects delivered on time and within
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Electrical, Electronic or Medical Engineering
- Previous experience of testing active medical devices, along with a detailed understanding of, and experience of working to, the IEC 60601 series and ISO 14971 standards.
- Good understanding and hands-on experience of electrical / electronic circuits
- Confident with good interpersonal skills and commitment to 'get the job done'
- Comfortable working as part of a team and on own initiative
- Willing to work offsite at customer's premises or occasional overseas trips
- Full driving licence
- IT skills using MS Office suite of programs
- Electrical safety testing experience
- Knowledge of global certification procedures
- Knowledge of standards and test laboratory quality and operating procedures