Here at Russell Taylor, we are seeking a highly qualified service engineer to work for a leading system integrator within the transmission and distribution sector and have been for numerous years.
The successful candidate will be working part of a team that delivers the highest standards and innovation to support the energy system in the future.
Summary of Role
Key activities within the service and support team include:
* Design, testing, installation and commissioning of small project works.
* Routine maintenance tasks e.g., Site Surveys, System Health Checks, Spares Management, Obsolescence Reporting, System Upgrades and Patching.
* Helping customers to fault-find and rectify problems via telephone, web, email etc and where required, to respond to the customer's site to carry out emergency repairs. This might include 'out-of-hours' work (rota-based).
* Completion of service reports and other project documentation when required.
* The successful candidate will have experience from working in similar roles, working as part of a team servicing numerous Clients.
* A well skilled background in electrical engineering.
* Currently holds a driver's license.
* The ability to strive under pressure and hit deadlines.
* Good communicator and a well organised individual.
* Willingness to attend at customer sites both individually (especially) and as part of a team (on occasions).
* Willingness to undertake out-of-hours work on a rota basis.
* PLC/RTU or similar control systems experience