Russell Taylor are working with the UK's leading independent provider of Electrical Control Systems including MCC's, Pump System Optimisation, Switchgear, Systems Integration ,Telemetry and Industrial Networks. They work primarily within the water industry but also cover manufacturing.
We are looking to recruit a Service Engineer, to be based in Stafford, with the purpose to provide a systems integration customer support service.
Expected salary of £35-40k basic + bonuses and company car.
- Work with the following equipment: PLC, HMI, SCADA, control systems, industrial network, instrumentation and related systems
- Respond promptly to client requests and provide on-site and remote support to repair any equipment faults at their sites
- Carry out any planned installation, modification and preventative maintenance to the client's equipment as necessary at their sites
- Provide a service within the company to meet short-term project demands
- Carry out site surveys and compile thorough reports
- Proactively identify and encourage incremental sales opportunities
- ONC/HNC in electrical, control or measurement engineering or related discipline
- Good basic education, particularly English language and grammar
- Minimum 3 years systems/maintenance or field service experience with a medium/large UK organisation
- Experience of fault finding on a wide variety of different PLC/SCADA/HMI/control systems, ideally covering Siemens, Rockwell and/or Mitsubishi
- Role will be based from Stafford or Warrington offices, with significant travel throughout the UK. For an exceptional candidate, a home base with at least monthly attendance at Stafford may be considered
- High regard for health & safety
- Good organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Word and Excel
- Ability to act on initiative and work independently for long periods
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels inside or outside of the organisation
- Customer-focused approach
- Training or job-based knowledge/experience of industrial software ie. HMI, PLC and SCADA systems