Service Manager – Shropshire
My client is a leading system integrator with full design, manufacturing and test facilities on site. They provide a range of products and services for UK and global client base, and have vast application knowledge in industries including marine, plastic, rubber, paper, materials handling and general manufacturing. Having forged strong relationships and partnerships with many major equipment manufacturers, they are able to offer their customers a truly unique and bespoke design of systems to suit each application. Their philosophy is to deliver projects on time, to specification and within budget.
Due to expansion, the company are now looking to bring on an experienced Service Manager to set up and run the Service department. Main duties will include;
- Expand customer base that utilise their service facilities, providing high quality service
- Maintain company’s reputation as leading systems integrator
- Lead, motivate and manage staff within the engineering team
- Organise all requests and systems in relation to their service offerings, including duty rotas for support system
- Identify new customer in order to expand the facilities offered
- Visit customers, carry out site audits, and ensure profitability of the department
- Assist with system testing of equipment build and design by Project Engineering department, whilst complying with all relevant standards
- Work to the company’s ISO9001:2008 registered quality procedures
You will have a high level of experience in industrial drive and control systems across a range of industrial applications, including working in the system integration sector. You must also have a detailed working knowledge of variable speed drives, Servos, PLCs, Robotics and SCADA/HMI. Must be an effective communicator with the ability to deal with customers, suppliers and colleagues at all levels, and be able to manage the department budgets and ensure profitability. Ideally you will hold a degree in electrical/electronic engineering.
Based from their office in Shropshire, the role will entail travel within the UK and overseas.
- Competitive basic salary
- Company Car