Location - Staffordshire
Remuneration - Up to £50k per annum plus benefits
Russell Taylor is currently recruiting a Service Manager for a System Integrator in Staffordshire. We are interested in speaking to candidates with an engineering background and 5 years supervisory / management experience.
The successful Service Manager will manage a team of 16, consisting of Field Service Engineers, Service Coordinators and Commissioning Engineers. The service department offers a 24/7 on call service and focuses on the Oil & Gas industry.
* To manage the Service and Commissioning team.
* Be a point of escalation for issues relating to the scheduling of Field Service and Commissioning Engineers.
* Manage the administrative team supporting the Service and Commissioning including signing off quotations and reviewing contracts in line with delegation of authority.
* Oversee and assist with the preparation of documentation for quotations and service contracts.
* Oversee that all invoicing is submitted as per the Purchase Order within a timely manner of works being completed.
* Oversee and assist with the compilation and accurate maintenance of relevant reports and ensure dispatch in a timely manner, including the KPI data sheet, M.I. sheets, Service forecast sheets etc.
* Review and analyse Service KPI's and targets
* Responsible for the live and accurate reporting of Service sales turnover on an on-going basis.
* Be the main Service point of contact for identified key account customers including coordinating and attending quarterly customer meetings.
* Oversee the control of key account customer owned stock (Bonded stock).
* Review Service contracts whilst considering the full contract lifecycle
* Manage with Sales the commercial activities associated with new service management contracts.
* Manage the staff management activities for all personnel within the department (including appraisals and personal development plans)
* Produce timely management reports on the performance of the department inclusive of On Time In Full (OTIF) delivery and revenue performance.
* Understand the full service contract scope across all customers.
* Manage and Plan effective utilisation of the service schedule activity.
* Manage re-contract negotiation and administration with sales and commercial/account managers.
* Chair customer reviews on service performance
* Interface with the Production Manager/Supervisors in order to ensure effective allocation of resource.
* HNC/HND in Engineering / Logistics/Service or relevant equivalent
* 5 years supervisory/management experience
* Experience within the Gas, energy or utilities sector
* Business Management qualification
* Minimum 2 years experience managing a Service department within the UK Energy or Utilities sector.