Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance and asset management duties for Switchgear and Power Transformers across the UK
- Production of work related Health and Safety documentation
- Responsible for Health and Safety on assigned sites
- Customer liaison
- Any other duties commensurate with your position
Experience, skills and Knowledge
- Experience within the transmission and distribution arena would be a distinct advantage, but wiring and ability to read schematics / elec drawings are key
- Good knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety and quality processes
- Electrical and mechanical engineering expertise
- The role has a predominately LV Switchgear bias however, a knowledge of Power Transformers, tap changers and associated maintenance and asset management functions would be advantageous
- Ability to perform manual tasks.
- Strong communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients are essentia
- Good man management skills
- Basic computer skills required
- Can expect to get involved in a wide range of activities and you must demonstrate a willingness to be adaptable to business needs.
Service Engineer can be based anywhere just not remote locations, as they will be travelling UK wide. Company currently employ people in S.Wales, Reading, Doncaster.
Mainly power stations on LV Switchgear - maybe some transformer knowledge
Working in teams of 15/16 people - works from home and get paid for travelling.
Mainly service and maintain work - take out/replace circuit breakers - broad knowledge needed
Will stay away majority of time - Monday -Friday maybe 3 weeks at a time
Good prospects - Middle East office / company in Australia due to be taken over.
Also have a facility that design, build and manufacture relays/voltage control panels, new products