Gatwick - Full Time
40 hours - Monday - Friday
As part of the Cut & Sew team, Sewing Machinists are at the core of Airbase's activities producing a wide range of textile products for multiple customers in the aviation interiors market. Seat covers, curtains, equipment bags, live vest pouches and harnesses are all produced at the Airbase UK Interiors premises in Gatwick
Sewing Machinists will work to design data including engineering drawings, templates, production samples as well as manufacturing guidelines and standard operating procedures. They also assist in developing these standards ensuring efficiency and quality in both our products and operations.
Daily performance is logged and planning reviews are attended by the Cut & Sew Team to ensure our rolling customer schedules are always achieved.
Structured mandatory training and on-the-job training is provided alongside company benefits and early finish on Fridays.
- Operate an industrial sewing machine throughout all stages of the manufacturing or repair process including using a twin needle machine & overlocker machine.
- Be able to follow instructions clearly and have attention to detail,
- Be responsible for changing machine settings to achieve the correct sewing pitch as directed.
- Responsible for checking, finished work matches pattern or samples and is of a high quality.
- Carrying out basic maintenance, such as cleaning and oiling machines.
- Work in accordance with the 5S standards within the work area.
- Follow Health & Safety guidelines set out by the Company.
- Carry out other duties as required to assist with the smooth running of the area
- Good communication skills - our business language is English and verbal and written communications must be understood
- Basic IT skills, literacy & numeracy
- 2 + years' experience in using a sewing machine.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Drawings, safety rules, operating instructions, and procedures.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Self-motivated and work well within teams and autonomously
- Lean manufacturing and continual process improvement experience.
- Previous Part 21 or Part 145 employee training