Role: - Quality Manager (Shift)
Salary: - Competitive
Location: - Manchester, UK
Russell-Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a shift quality manager to join our clients FMCG Company. The individual will act as a significant member of the Technical team overseeing the running of the department and providing any technical support that is needed. If you have at least 2 years' experience in the quality sector and have a degree in a food related discipline please apply within (4 on, 4 off shifts required)
- Responsibility of process monitoring and quality of finished products.
- Ensuring that all products are processed in accordance with the specification.
- To assist the Technical Manager in the effective management and control of costs in line with budgeted requirements.
- To identify, plan and implement continuous training and development programmes.
- To ensure product is bottled to the highest possible quality standards and complies with all HMCE and TS requirements.
- To maintain a high degree of both product and personal safety
- To maintain ISO 9001:2015 throughout the business
- To maintain hygiene / housekeeping standards in accordance with the requirements of a food manufacturing environment through scheduled hygiene audits and cleaning chemical awareness
- Internal auditing of various functions around the business procedures/practices
- Lead customer and third-party external audits on site.
- Degree educated in a food related discipline
- At least 2 years' experience in a quality job role
- Working knowledge of BRC and ISO principles (e.g.- ISO 9001)
- Understanding of the Wine and Spirits industry is required-it would be desirable to possess at least the Wines and Spirits Educational Trust Higher Certificate, preferably Diploma level
- Ability to work unsupervised and under your own initiative
- Must show initiative in unfamiliar scenarios
- Excellent communication and training skills-liaising with other departments and external customers/suppliers.
- Understanding of the technical performance and specification of all equipment items and be expected to repair, if possible, or organize outside maintenance if required
- Project Management skills required
- Computer Literate - Word, Excel, PowerPoint & email etc
Key Skills: - FMCG, Quality, ISO 9001, BRC, HSE, food science