My client is a subcontractor on a prestigious project in the Bridgwater area of Somerset and is looking for a Site Engineer for the duration of 12 months +. They are building the modular facilities for this iconic project with a project value of £45million.
- Acting as the main technical adviser on construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives.
Experience, Qualifications & Person Spec:
- First Aid
- Current Drug and Alcohol Test
- Knowledge of relevant building and health and safety legislation
- Project management skills
- Communication skills, written and oral, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals, e.g. construction managers, quantity surveyors, subcontractors, architects, designers, other engineers, etc.
- Organisation skills and a methodical approach to work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Negotiation skills
- Strong teamworking skills and flexibility
- Excellent IT literacy
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant
- Agreeing a price for materials and making cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws
- Communicating with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors
- Planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site
- Preparing reports as required;
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
You must have a minimum of four years experience at site engineer level and ideally be qualified up to HND Level.
The contract is for 12 months +.
If you are available for a quick start and have the skills outlined above please apply now or contact Aisling Ward on 01517375560 for further information.