We are currently seeking a Site Installation Engineer to join our team in Leeds. This is a permanent full-time position.
Day to day duties include installation of Motor Control Centres (MCC's) on customers sites, supporting the project team by developing, methodologies, programmes, method statements and risk assessments.
Ideally candidates would have experience working within the Water Sector across Clean and Wastewater Treatment with specific capability in;
- Electrical/Instrumentation HND/HNC or equivalent
- Proven Mechanical and Electrical experience - being able to demonstrate Electrical competency
- Experience in executing pre-commissioning and commissioning activities for clean and waste-water projects
- Good technical and organisational skills
Job Description - Specific Role & Responsibilities
The role of a Site Installation Engineer will require the individual to undertake the following duties:
- Attendance at site meetings with representatives from our clients engineering and operational teams
- Undertaking Factory Acceptance Testing for major items of plant
- Liaising with our suppliers and subcontractors throughout the on-site installation & commissioning process
The installation, interfacing and setting to work of equipment including
- Motor Control Centres
- Pumping Plant
- Process Equipment
- Various Instrumentation
- Knowledge of PLC software packages would be a distinct advantage
- Assist the design team by undertaking site visits to gather information for the purposes of tendering or design prior to construction
- Assist the design team and prepare electrical designs ensuring compliance with the current IEE regulations and all other relevant specificationsCandidates will be computer literate and able to work effectively with Microsoft Office as a minimum. Design experience within the Water Industry sector would be an advantage. Including in areas such as potable water production and distribution and wastewater treatment
- The ideal candidate will ideally possess the following:
- An industry applicable ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent
- Relevant H&S qualifications (A relevant CSCS card, EUSR Card Blue Water, Scottish Water DOMS, JIB/ECS )
This role will be site based for at least 80% of the working week with a company van provided, laptop and mobile phone.