Brand New position here at Russell Taylor for one of the UK's leading suppliers of radiological calibration services for portable and fixed instrumentation.
This is a remote position, with the candidate required to occasionally attend the client's site.
Our client is one of the UK's leading suppliers of radiological calibration services for portable and fixed instrumentation. It offers calibrations and repairs from its laboratory and site-based services.
Develop, support new and existing software applications used by the operations.
To provide Installation, Commissioning Support for a range of both radiometric and x-ray products meeting high standards of performance and quality.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To support and develop current access applications
* To design, develop and implement new applications.
* Provide technical support for customers and the service team providing knowledge of the solutions developed.
* Produce reports and dashboards.
* Liaise between the customers, suppliers and project managers to ensure timely progress in development projects.
* Investigate incidents and requests to determine the appropriate actions to take.
* Provide training packages and documentation for applications.
* Comply with current change control procedures in place. Review and propose changes to improve efficiency and mitigate risk.
* Produce accurate records of all work carried out and review records for instruments they are nominated to manage including instrument data sheets.
* To provide a main point of contact to the customer for work appropriate to their responsibilities.
* Ensuring record keeping and quality standards are in compliance with local work instructions and procedures
KEYS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Strong knowledge of MS Access, VBA, VB.NET and MS Server/ MS SQL Server.
* Report writing - PowerBI, BIRT, Crystal.
* Working knowledge of the following languages: Java, Java Script and T-SQL.
* Strong PC hardware knowledge - ability to diagnose possible faults.
* Experience working with or developing electronic instrumentation.
* Qualified to a minimum of HNC level or equivalent in Computing or related discipline.
* UK driving licence.