Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for a Software Engineer to undertake a multi-faceted role working with real time information systems in the Oil and Gas industry. Our Client is a leading system integrator with some enviable service contracts and relationships in the Aberdeen and North Sea area.
A key aspect of the business is Service and Support where their Service Hub provides the support services to clients ensuring their critical systems remain operational. The Service Hub covers work associated with these systems from first line support through to third line support along with modifications and enhancements that are required during the life of the system.
The work involved includes:
* Supporting client systems.
* Development and maintenance of clients' systems
* Designing, building and deploying solutions using Real-time Information Systems.
* Working in-house and on client sites.
Key Position Objectives:
* Undertake a wide range of tasks related to the support, maintenance, design, implementation and delivery of Real-time Information Systems solutions, in the energy and infrastructure market.
Key Aspects of the Role:
* Work within the Service Hub to provide support to our clients' Real-time Information Systems resolving their Incidents and Requests.
* Work with clients to identify solutions and enhancements for their systems that are appropriate to the needs of the clients.
* Investigate and resolve Problems with Real-time Information Systems.
* Develop and execute Test Specifications.
* Develop and configure solutions based on Real-time Information Systems (principally using the OSIsoft PI System).
* Operate in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
* Work with Senior Engineers and team to review and clarify client requirements.
Key Personal Attributes
* Degree/ HND in a computing related subject.
* Experience of Database Systems including Microsoft SQL Server is desirable
* Awareness of OSIsoft PI products (preferably including development using the OSIsoft development technologies)
* Good knowledge and understanding of upstream oil and gas and/or power generation.
* Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office products desirable.
* Experience of working in an IT support role.
Personal Skills, Competencies:
* Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Comfortable interacting with customers and able to instil confidence.
* Is able to take direction from senior colleagues.
* Flexible, co-operative and enthusiastic attitude to work.
* Interested in continuous improvement and an enthusiastic learner.
* Confident and calm under pressure.
* Not afraid to admit mistakes.
* Disciplined to deliver technical requirements while achieving time and budget constraints.
* Can balance multiple pieces of work and track each against deadlines to ensure that all are progressed as expected.