Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for Software Engineers to develop real-time solutions for blue chip companies within the power generation, upstream oil and gas and water utilities industries.
Our Client has recently launched an Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) solution for Building Performance, Energy Management, Network Visibility, Situational Awareness and Predicative Analytics and require Software Engineers (at various levels) to join their team.
The work involves the requirements gathering, design, programming, testing, documentation and commissioning of IT projects. Experience with platform solutions such as Thingworx, OSIsoft PI or other Real Time Data Historian is preferred, however knowledge of languages such as C#, C++, ASP and the .Net environment or similar, would be of interest.
* Degree in Computing or Science related subject which have a significant element of computer programming
* A minimum of three years' experience post-graduation working in a software development role.
* Non graduates with over 6 years' experience will be considered
* Practical experience with OSIsoft PI
* Practical experience in C#, C++, ASP, .Net or equivalent
* Willingness to travel to customer sites throughout the UK and possibly overseas
* UK Driving Licence
* Practical experience with Thingworx IoT platform
* Confident and capable and able to work under own initiative
* Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
* Have good communication skills
* Be flexible in working methods