Overall responsibilities will include:
- Helping to define test strategies and preparing testing approaches for our software solutions
- Align software test activities to meet scrum and product release demands
- Use exploratory and functional testing approaches to ensure quality of system and integration testing
- Use of best of breed automation tools to achieve repeatable regression and non-functional testing
- Where necessary work with QA engineers to ensure any hardware to software interfaces are tested and validated
- Review user stories and identify additional conditions of acceptance for testing criteria to ensure developers take in to account all quality aspects of user stories.
- Participate in scrum team discussions on product design and presenting test results to the engineering team and management
- Where necessary, engage with our client testers in a positive and collaborative manner
- Proven experience of working in a software testing environment, using and developing automated test routines through tools such as Selenium, JMeter, PostMan, SoapUI, Micro Focus UFT, etc.
- Problem solving skills - Identifying issues, exploring alternative solutions and providing the right level of support to the development team
- Good organisational skills and comfortable working against challenging timescales
- Knowledge of Restful and service based testing
- Working knowledge of databases (RDBMS/NoSQL/Time series).
- Ability to learn new and emerging technologies
- UK driving licence
- PTC Thingworx experience
- Existing IoT/IIoT or Edge computing knowledge
- Knowledge of SaaS vs On-Premise deployments
- Confident and capable, able to work under own initiative or as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain focus on next delivery/drop.
- Investigating and solving compatibility problems.
- Customer interactions - Face to face, over the phone, on a skype call.
- Have good communication skills and be prepared to challenge customer expectations
- Be flexible in working methods.