Specialist/ Technical Chemist - Organic/GC MS/ HPLC
Location: Cambridge area
Hours: Days: Monday - Friday
Our client, part of a global testing organisation, are looking to expand their technical team and hire a new Organic Technical Specialist who will play a key role in developing, optimising and validating new test methods.
- Research and develop any new and diverse organic analytical techniques as required by the client and business (mainly HPLC, GC - MS based).
- Investigate and conduct non routine methodology and data generation as required by client and business
- Assist in investigations, review and presentation of resource developments that would improve analytical methodology
- Contribute to development, compilation and presentation of method validation packages in line with accreditation requirements.
- Support organics department in areas requiring advanced expertise in analytical chemistry
- Assist quality team in scheduled audits
- Respond to client queries in a prompt and professional manner, either directly, or in support of other colleagues
- Develop and implement business improvement ideas, across all areas of the organics lab, which will enhance instrument availability, reduce the amount of re-work and the number of customer queries, and improve the quality of our analytical capabilities, and the service our clients receive
- Support the sales and marketing team on technical matters, and assist wherever possible in winning new clients, and smoothly onboarding them
- Assist in the future planning for the organics lab, including capacity assessments, choice of new instruments, the purchasing of consumables, etc.
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant Science based discipline
- Significant experience in a UKAS 17025 setting working with GC - MS/ GC - FID, GC MS/MS/MS and HPLC - will have extensive troubleshooting experience
- The ideal candidate will have method validation/ development experience but not essential
- Will have strong interpersonal skills and able to interact with Customers and Stakeholders within the business.
- Be an effective communicator.
- Have strong written/ report writing skills.