*** NEW ROLES IN ***
Structural Design Engineer (Construction Manufacturing)
Our client is a Globally successful construction manufacturing and construction contracting business who are opening a brand new Technical office in Birmingham (B24). We are looking for TWO Structural Design Engineers to join their Structural & Steel side of the business as their rapid growth and success continues.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience. We are more than happy to look at Graduates with time spent within the Industry or fully Chartered Engineers who can attend the projects as well as work from the office.
If you are looking to move roles and work for an industry leader within construction and engineering then this is definitely the move for you.
Not only will you be promised career development, growth and the opportunity to be part of such an exciting journey, you will be rewarded generously with guaranteed annual bonuses, exceptionally modern and bespoke working environments and working hours that will promote a healthy work/life balance.
*Full COVID safety measures have been taken to ensure a safe working environment.
As our Structural Design Engineer you will be expected to:
* Continue to partake in a courses / personal development tasks as set out by the Business. Ensure continual professional development is achieved to an agreed level (Graduate Scheme in place as well as support to help you become Chartered if it is something you have started)
* Take steps to develop knowledge as outlined by your mentor to move towards membership of the ICE and ultimately chartered status
* Produce designs for the company's products to relevant codes and standards. Substantiate designs with formal calculations for internal and external review
* Assist the estimators and designers in preparing Quotation / Proposal documents and produce structural schemes as required.
* Interpretation of architects and structural engineer's drawings.
* Attend meetings without support and to speak about technical issues and promote the company. To be smart in appearance and conduct all affairs both inside and outside your normal place of work in a professional and efficient manner that promotes the Company and enhances its reputation
* Have in depth knowledge of building physics relevant to market sectors to ensure technical liaison with Architects, Engineers, specifies, contractor and approved installers on all design and technical issues
* Ensure that the requirements of CDM are followed
* Ensure that the goals and objectives of the company are exceeded
Your Duties and Responsibilities as our Structural Design Engineer
* Brief and work with designers to ensure that the engineer's schemes are correctly interpreted
* Check drawings and calculations produced by others
* Review and interpret technical drawings
* Use and develop design tools in various software packages to increase efficiency
* Participate in the engineering team's meetings - sharing experience and knowledge and putting forward improvements
* Take a proactive approach to your personal work commitments by achieving deadlines agreed with your Line Manager. Manage your work load in an effective and diligent manner, reporting all conflicts in deadlines and activities to your Line Manager in a timely fashion.
* Take responsibility for the deadlines set by both yourself and your Line Manager and demonstrate commitment to seeing works and deadlines achieved on time and in full
* Keep the customer and other involved parties in all decision making where a risk or action may be required by our team or other parties. To ensure that adequate records are kept of all communications with external companies in accordance with company protocol
* Maintaining the satisfaction of existing clients and development of new skills and services in accordance with the company business needs. Develop customer relations and develop strategic partnership
* Keep the manager informed of changing situations and progress in achieving tasks and respond promptly to requests for information both internally and externally
* Work with Line Manager to develop a culture which addresses the root cause analysis of Engineering related ENCR's
* Carry out any other duties that may be required to provide technical support for the KSBS products.
Experience and Skills You Will Have For Your Role:
* A Qualification in a relevant Engineering Degree
* Demonstrate sound reasoning, engineering judgement and problem solving skills
* A sound knowledge and experience of working on load-bearing structures, off-site prefabricated structures and light gauged steel frame.
* Working knowledge and experience in using Euro codes and British standards
* Be aware of the requirement to work as part of a team. Adopt a flexible approach to workload whilst demonstrating a willingness to take on additional work. Deliver administrative records on time and up to date
* Clearly and concisely express key issues at a level that suits the listener and confidently handle challenges or unexpected issues
* Participation in training and social activities inside and outside the working day and office. Contribution to the "character" of the company by conducting yourself in a professional and helpful manner.
* To develop strong and collaborative working relationships with your colleagues
* Demonstrate you have a working knowledge and skill in using design spread sheets etc.as necessary and the ability to handle data appropriate to your role.
* Salary & Package negotiable depending on experience
* Working hours Monday to Thursday 8.15am - 5pm (Friday 4.15pm finish)
* 24 days annual leave plus bank holiday
* Competitive pension contributions
* Annual bonus
* Access to onsite gym
Please click on the link to apply, ensuring all your contact details are fully up to date.
I look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager