Competitive salary on offer including company benefits
Commutable from High Wycombe, Chesham, Hemel Hempstead, Harrow, Wembley, Aylesbury, St Albans
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Structural Engineer to work in Chesham. The ideal candidate will live in or around the area and be chartered or working towards chartership.
This is a major opportunity for an ambitious person and progression is assured for the right candidate and internal / external courses can be provided. The company are offering a very competitive salary, pension, flexible working hours, health insurance and staff discounts.
It is your job to assist Associates to organise and manage all aspects of structural engineering projects within agreed resource, budgetary and time constraints. You will have a clear understanding of UK Building Regulations and codes.
- Assist others to design structural members in structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber.
- Preparation and checking of structural engineering designs and drawings, specifications and reports.
- Brief and supervise Technicians on the production of drawings.
- Liaise and communicate with clients and external agencies.
- Represent at meetings and in writing when required and undertake site inspections.
You will hold a degree in an appropriate discipline and have relevant industry experience and if not already Chartered working towards becoming professionally qualified with either the Institution of Civil Engineers or Structural Engineers. You will be familiar with proprietary design software such as SCIA Engineer, TEDDS, CADS, etc.