Structural / Civil Engineer (Steel Structure)
£25,000 - £30,000 DOE
Graduates are welcome to apply if you have studies the relevant disciplines
We are thrilled to be recruiting EXCLUSIVELY for a Structural / Civil Engineer for our construction manufacturing client. This is an incredible opportunity to join a globally renownded organisation where your career and professional development are the core of how much they value their employees.
In your new role as our Structural Engineer your main responsibilities will be to produce accurate and economical designs and supporting bill of materials relevant to the Structural Products range. As our successful candidate you will provide advice and assistance to customers using our Multibeam, Multichannel & Multideck products; building working relationships with customers and specifying engineers to promote the use of our products. You will work within a team of engineers who are responsible for accuracy and completeness of their own work and who continue to meet tight deadlines that are agreed with
Your Key Responsibilities
* Produce accurate and economical structural designs based on drawings and/or specifications provided by customers whilst applying relevant standards and codes of practice. The role will include the calculation of applied loadings, forces and stress distributions in structural members
and matching these requirements to the performance of the structural product range.
* Help develop our digital capabilities, including but not limited to design and detailing software solutions.
* Log tasks and enquiries on Salesforce and generate leads for other areas of the business.
* Support other departments to ensure the correct performance and use of the structural
products whilst also collaborating so that the business benefits from every opportunity.
* Answer product related queries from external stakeholders via phone, email and video
conference as appropriate, giving best economic and practical solutions.
* Produce bill of materials based on own designs generated from drawings supplied for costing by
the sales team. This may include marked up drawings or sketches of product use and layout.
* Attend design meetings where appropriate to provide professional system advice and assistance.
* Support the external sales team by producing and delivering presentations to internal and external stakeholders on
* Product / system performance
* Structural design & services offered
* Project specific designs
* Plan and produce specifications
* Develop checking routines and record testing of software solutions.
* Contribute to testing of products to determine performance using internal and external facilities
* Provide product and engineering design training as appropriate.
As our successful candidate you will possess the following skills, qualifications and experience:
* A degree in a Structural or Civil engineering discipline.
* Experience in design of industrial buildings and/or the design of cold formed sections
would be advantageous.
* Familiar with relevant codes of practice, Eurocodes and British Standards that apply to
the design of cold formed sections and building structures.
* An understanding of wind actions on structures would be beneficial.
* Experience of 2D & 3D modelling software such as AutoCad and Tekla would be advantageous.
* Self-driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook and a focus on high quality work.
* Proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
* Personable team player and customer focused with the ability to build long lasting relationships.
* Flexible to work extended hours as required to meet project deadlines.
* Full driving licence would be beneficial.
* £25,000 - £30,000 DOE
* Monday to Friday 38 hour week
* Excellent career development
* Contributory Pension Scheme
Please click on the link to apply.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager