Structural Technical Engineer (Construction Manufacturing)
We are currently recruiting exclusively on behalf of our client, a global leader within the construction and construction manufacturing arena for an Engineer to produce accurate and economical designs and supporting bill of materials relevant to the Structural Products range. As the successful candidate you will provide advice and assistance to customers using the Multibeam, Multichannel & Multideck solutions collaborating with internal stakeholders to exploit every commercial opportunity whilst building relationships with client engineers and customers. You will work within a team of engineers who are responsible for accuracy and completeness of their own work and who continue to meet tight deadlines that are agreed with customers.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Produce accurate and economical structural designs based on drawings and/or specifications provided by customers whilst applying relevant standards and codes of practice. The role will include the calculation of applied loadings, forces and stress distributions in structural members and matching these requirements to the performance of the structural product range.
- Help develop our digital capabilities, including but not limited to design and detailing software solutions.
- Log tasks and enquiries on Salesforce and generate leads for other areas of the business.
- Support other departments to ensure the correct performance and use of our structural products whilst also collaborating so that the business benefits from every opportunity.
- Answer product related queries from external stakeholders via phone, email and video conference as appropriate, giving best economic and practical solutions.
- Produce bill of materials based on own designs generated from drawings supplied for costing by the sales team. This may include marked up drawings or sketches of product use and layout.
- Attend design meetings where appropriate to provide advice and assistance.
- Support the external sales team by producing and delivering presentations to external stakeholders on Product / system performance, Structural design & services offered, Project specific designs
- Plan and produce specifications
- Develop checking routines and record testing of software solutions.
- Contribute to testing of products to determine performance using internal and external facilities
- Provide product and engineering design training as appropriate.
As the successful candidate for this role you will possess the following skills and experience:
- A degree in a Structural or Civil engineering discipline. Mechanical engineering degrees will be considered on review of modules included.
- Minimum 2ys experience ideally in a construction related field.
- Experience in design of industrial buildings and/or the design of cold formed sections would be advantageous.
- Familiar with relevant codes of practice, Eurocodes and British Standards that apply to the design of cold formed sections and building structures.
- An understanding of wind actions on structures would be beneficial.
- Experience of 2D & 3D modelling software such as AutoCad and Tekla would be advantageous.
- Self-driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook and a focus on high quality work.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Personable team player and customer focused with the ability to build long lasting relationships.
- Flexible to work extended hours as required to meet project deadlines.
- Full driving licence would be beneficial.
- Monday to Thursday 8.15am - 5.00pm (Friday 4.00pm finish)
- Annual bonus of 10% of salary
- 4% to 5% Pension Contribution
- 24 days annual leave with bank holidays on top
Please click on the link to apply ensuring all of your contact details and employment history on your CV are fully up to date.
I look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager