Job title: Study Director - Physical Chemistry
Location: Yorkshire, Harrogate
Russell Taylor is recruiting for a study director to join a growing business in environmental testing in the Yorkshire area. The company has provided environmental and consumer safety testing and regulatory services to their clients worldwide for over 40 years. The person will study direct Physical Chemistry and 5-Batch Analysis studies in accordance with UK and GLP. You will be responsible for ensuring that the studies are conducted to the required standard and for approving the data.
- Ensuring that studies are performed in accordance with the study protocol. Standard operating procedures and required scientific and regulatory standards.
- Demonstrate in-depth and up to date knowledge of UK/OECD GLP regulations
- Ensure all study communication is documented and maintained and carried out to meet client requirements
- Ensure that all studies are archived according to current SOP's
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of physical-chemical tests, so that the person will be able to advise internal/external clients on study designs
- Ensure on-time delivery targets (protocols, results, reports) and assist others in the group in achieving these
- Assist with organising and hosting client visits (internal and external)
- Understand and apply the study costing process and financial/resource issues.
- Ensure the master schedule is updated for their assigned studies
- Understand existing departmental procedures and systems, and drive process improvements
- Develop teamwork with study team, Sales and Marketing group, Quality Assurance and other departments
- Constructively participate in departmental meetings, scheduling etc.
- The job holder will be a graduate with minimum 5 years study directing experience in the Phys-Chem/5-Batch Analysis. Additionally.
- The job holder may have gained some client management experience in a previous role.
- Ability to design and execute experiments in accordance with SOPs and regulatory guidelines.
- Experience in writing and reviewing regulatory scientific reports.
- Ability to review and critically evaluate current publications relating to work area.
- Concise and effective verbal and written communication skills with internal and external personnel.
- Skilled in the use of word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and specialised software