Russell Taylor Group are working closely with a leading UK-focussed downstream energy company whose main asset is based in Cheshire, and which is one of the most advanced refineries in Europe. Situated close to the major cities of Liverpool and Manchester, the firm's Cheshire located complex is a key strategic national asset, annually producing over 16% of the UK's road transport fuels, while playing an important part in Britain's petrochemical industry.
As the Supply Analyst will be responsible for working closely with the Senior Business Analyst (Marketing Strategy & Performance), Head of Supply, and the Commercial Supply Manager to deliver the day-to-day management and optimisation of the Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) and Bio P&L; Whilst ensuring 100% compliance with the statutory obligations, you will play a key role in the analysis of all supply deals, helping to facilitate and support negotiators to maximise value from supply deals, and lay out the long term strategic framework for the Supply business vertical.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing insightful information on CSO management and generating P&L analysis for supply chain/enterprise optimisation planning.
- Owning the short term bio blending strategy and lead the in-year bio-optimisation process alongside the Commercial Supply Manager.
- Managing internal relations and working in close co-ordination with the Economics Planning & Scheduling (EPS) team, ensuring the monthly optimisation process between International Supply and Trading, EPS, Finance and Marketing is adhered to.
- Responsibility for performing necessary supply market and contract analysis to support deal negotiations and the execution of profitable contracts for all key supply customers - in close co-ordination with the supply negotiators and Marketing and Business Analyst.
- Be a supply focal point for the financial modelling of business opportunities that feed into valuation assessments, particularly in relation to the company's own supply chain.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a commercial acumen and have an enterprise first mind set, developed from a finance, business or technical background.
- Be comfortable with financial models and have experience of working in a business supply chain and/or a performance management role.
- Be able to handle a multitude of competing priorities, comfortable working to a tight timeline and be able to make decisions.
- Understand key elements of Excel modelling, basic accounting and understand P&L management.
- Possess some knowledge and experience of the oil market and industry, with previous experience in supporting trading, commercial/contract negotiations advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills and can work effectively in a team.
Please contact Anna for further discussion.