Supply Chain Coordinator/Analyst (FMCG Manufacturing)
Runcorn, £22,000 (Negotiable on experience)
Are you looking for a new opportunity that will offer you an incredible and rewarding challenge? Do you want to work for an up and coming SME business where your opinions and experience will be fully utilised and current systems/processes will be challenged and implemented with your support? This is your chance get on board with our client! Reporting into the Purchasing Manager, you'll have yourself a role ideal for growth and get the ability to create your own stamp on such a forward thinking FMCG business.
Your New Role as our Supply Chain Coordinator will mainly comprise of three important objective:
* Improving our current purchasing systems and identifying areas of improvement
* Providing key data and support to the purchasing manager and the business
* Helping the company to save money and improving its supply chain and stock management.
* Always keeping on top of purchase orders and respond to run rates and expedite and de-expedite as required
* Support the Purchasing Manager to do the regular buys and creating and sending purchase orders to suppliers.
Immediate Responsibilities and Hot Projects
* Design and implement methods to gather and manage supply chain, stock and purchasing data
* Develop an efficient reporting process and help support the reporting through the Data Analytics Warehouse
* Review our current purchasing arrangements and identify opportunities for improvement
* Develop effective working relationships with the key resources in the business.
* Develop and implement a Material Requirement Planning system to enable a more accurate and reliable purchasing function with the help of the purchasing manager and IT.
* Partner with existing suppliers and developing effective working relationships
* Assess, manage and mitigate current and anticipated risks.
* Seek and partner with counterparts at suppliers to ensure effective supply of products
* Work effectively with the Planning Manager and Production Manager to manage and respond with demands.
* Work effectively with our New Product Development Team and Technical Team to onboard new raw materials, packaging and consumables that are required to support and grow the business.
* Coordinating with third party packers and warehouse providers to deliver an efficient service.
* Support the planning manager as and when required
* Own the supply chain function with the help of the purchasing manager
* Staying familiar with the company's purchasing needs and keep on top of orders
* Coordinating with various suppliers to get delivery updates and providing real time info to the business
* Regular daily communication to the wider team in terms of supplier performance and stock delivery performance
* Overseeing supply chain management and ensure that products are arriving effectively and on time.
* Communicating with suppliers and to make sure supplies get where they need to be when they need to be, even when a deadline is tight
* Forecasting demand for certain products and makes orders accordingly, especially depending on lead times.
* Checking inventory, tracks how inventory is used, and adjusts purchasing habits in accord with apparent trends, and ensuring regular reporting
* Ensuring that suppliers invoices are being processed in good time.
* Keeping a well-organised collection of contracts and purchase orders for easy reference when needed
* Attending meetings to stay up to date on the company's objectives
For you to be successaful in your new role as our Supply Chain Coordinator you will have proven experience in the following areas:
* Clear and proven experience as a Supply Analyst
* Proven experience and an impressive track record handling 100s of SKUs
* Strong knowledge in supply chain management
* Highly organised and excellent verbal, written and numerical skills
* Excellent negotiation skills and ability to influence at various levels
* Strong inventory control experience
* An understanding of / experience in FMCG Food
* Experience of MRP systems implementation and ERP Projects
* Monday to Friday 9-5 (some flexibility for travel purposes)
* 25 days annual leave
* Pension Scheme
* Incredible rewards and schemes to join
Full F&Bs will be disclosed following a successful interview.
Please click on the link to apply, ensuring all your contact details are correct and career history fully up to date.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager