Russell Taylor are Proud to offer this amazing opportunity for a Supply Chain Planner to join our Client who is a market leader in their market and globally recognised. This role would be ideal for you if you are a well organised individual that has a passion for problem solving. As the Supply Chain Planner you will be the key contact between the Suppliers and Production, it is your role to make sure that the products arrive in line with the production schedule and that you manage the stock levels to keep to the specified levels.
In your role you will be liaising with all areas of the Manufacturing Supply Chain from internal production and planning teams to the suppliers finance, sales and coordinating teams. It will be your role to work alongside our client's production teams, helping to respond to product demand, managing the stock levels and coordinating hauliers and shipping agents to provide the most cost effective solutions for the delivery of material and collection of stock. Your role will be to ensure both productions targets and the customers delivering requirement are met and exceeding expectations where possible.
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
- Generating short, medium and long term plans to meet demands and forecast.
- Coordinating the most cost effective solution for delivery of materials and collection of stock by working with various internal departments, approved haulers and shipping agents.
- Developing and support communication between internal and external parties.
- Manage stock holding levels and appropriate stock parameters
- Create, maintain and publish schedules to relative parties including Supply Chain, Finance and Sales.
- Ensure that Customer Service levels and security of supply are maintained by good working practices.
- Using the ERP system to locate, move and ship materials, along with ensuring finished goods are created and materials are consumed in a timely manner
- Provide support to the Production Planner and cover this role during times of absence
- Be a key team player and provide cover for other roles within the department as required
Skills you require to be successful in your new role:
- A minimum of 2 years working in a Supply Chain role within Manufacturing
- Strong communication skills are essential in both Written and Verbal
- Well organised and methodical, working to a high level of detail
- Accomplished MS Office systems knowledge, especially in MS Excel
- Analytically minded - good with numbers and the ability to interrupt and analyse data
- Must demonstrate cooperative, positive 'can do' attitude with strong work ethic and ability to work to deadlines
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Previous experience of a ERP system, Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV) would be advantageous
- Salary is £25,000 dependant on experience
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Training and development opportunities
- Pension contribution of 12%
- Working Hours are 8:30am to 17:00pm - Monday to Friday
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Free on-site Parking