Sustainability / ESG Manager (Construction Manufacturing)
IEMA/CIEEM Qualified - Desirable
Knowledge of BREEAM
Academic background in ESG, Climate, Environmental Science or Sustainability
Company Head Office - Cardiff Based
Role is remotely based or Hybrid
£45,000 (salary is negotiable depending on experience for the right professional)
Highly competitive contractual benefits
We have a very exciting opportunity with our client, a rapidly growing Fire and Thermal Insulation Applications (Construction) Manufacturer in Cardiff. This is as brand NEW role to the business so although initially it will be a stand-alone role, this year will see you not only progress and develop further in your carteer but will also see you recruit, build and develop your own team.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing specialist manufacturers in the UK, this is defintely the role and opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, the purpose of your role will be to develop and execute a plan for the Company's ESG / Sustainability strategy - this is a Group role, responsible for the ESG strategy.
Your main responsibilities will be
* Position the Group as leaders in Sustainability
* Develop an ESG / Sustainability strategy
* Create and manage strategy for execution
* Drive internal and external stakeholder engagement
* Become a recognised voice for dynamic and innovative ESG / Sustainability activity in the construction products industry
* Gain appropriate accreditation e.g. Carbon Trust Standard
* Produce a Sustainability Report in line with GRI guidelines
* Manage, record and report on waste/energy/water reduction, sustainable travel, supply chain collaborations, construction impacts etc.
* Create a "green" business through a low carbon and low waste strategy
Your Ideal Background & Knowledge
* Previous experience of environmental and sustainable environments
* Knowledge of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, key trends and best practices.
Desired Qualifications & Education
* IEMA/CIEEM membership desirable
* Academic background in ESG, Climate, Environmental Science, Sustainability, or related field; and/or previous work experience.
* Knowledge of employee sustainability schemes (B-Corp / WELL / BREEAM)
Your Skills & Attributes
* Computer literate (Microsoft Office packages)
* High levels of attention to detail and organisation
* Problem solver, bringing creativity to otherwise unaddressed issues
* Excellent communication (verbally and written)
Salary starting at £40,000 - negotiable and competitive based on experience
Career progression and development
Please click on the link to apply, ensuring all your details are fully up to date.
I look forward to receiving your applciation.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager