Synthetic Organic Chemist, Aromatic Chemistry
Salary: Competitive DOE
Hours: 37½ hours per week, Monday to Friday (8:00am-4:00pm with ½hour lunch break).
Bonus: Company performance related paid twice a year.
Pension: Group personal pension (company contribution of 7.5%, employees 5%).
Our Client is a leading supplier of chemical intermediates to the Pharmaceutical, Agrochemical and Fine Chemical industries and a manufacturer of novel fluorochemicals and heterocyclic; they have experienced significant growth in the last 4 years since they were acquired via a global brand.
Through growth there are two positions available in their labs, they are really looking for someone to invest in and to go on a journey with them. There are investments going into the company frequently (expanding lab/s) and they have that stability that a lot of companies cannot offer currently; whilst also maintaining their SME culture of 'everybody works as a team'. This is a fantastic company to work for at a point in time that makes them even more appealing; if you are looking for a long term career as a Synthetic Chemist (to eventually grow and develop into more senior roles etc)- then this is the role for you!
- The role involves the production of functionalised organic intermediates and the development of new synthetic routes and technologies from gm to Kg scale. A good technical and working knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry, along with a proven track record of delivery, is essential.
- Maintaining levels of production meeting the Company standards in small scale manufacturing.
- Research and developing synthetic methods leading to the production of functionalised organic intermediates
- Project manage each production job.
- Carry out risk assessments in accordance with COSHH regulations.
- Perform, collect and interpret analytical data (HPLC/GC/MP/MS).
- Prepare fully detailed and comprehensive reports on all production and test methods.
- PhD or equivalent experience, with a good technical and working knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry and a proven track record of delivery
- AROMATIC CHEMISTRY understanding is essential
- Experience in using and analysing GC and HPLC data
- Results oriented, with the ability to manage own performance
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Able to use analytical thinking to solve problems