Role: Team Leader (Development) - HPLC
Location: North Yorkshire
Salary: Highly Completive
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity within an Analytical Development Team in North Yorkshire to join as a Team Leader. You will me a natural leader or looking to step into management and had some exposure. You must have a strong understanding of GMP / Regulations. Ideally have experience in Method Validation and Method Development of HPLC.
- To provide leadership and direction to all the Development Scientists within their team.
- To liaise with other team leaders within the Quality Control team to ensure a smooth transition of all work through Broughton Laboratories.
- Ensure that the operational activities are efficient and quality compliant and that all team members are suitably trained.
- Take responsibility for the planning and forecasting of the development studies within their team.
- The Job holder should exhibit effective communication of scientific output of their team to the Development Services Manager.
- Work with the commercial team to provide outline and detailed quotes in a timely manner.
- Report all analytical results to clients in line with company procedure.
- Create a strong scientifically knowledgeable and confident team.
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort.
- Lead by example; motivate and inspire team members to deliver an exceptional performance.
- Perform annual performance reviews for direct reports.
- Co-ordinate testing by liaising with clients, completing technical assessments, preparing quotes, protocol writing, executing test plans and generating certificates of analysis.
- Manage the testing scheduling within the team to ensure competent and timely completion of projects while working with colleagues and managers to obtain necessary resources to support the team's requirements.
- Provide status updates of team performances against Development objectives on a regular basis to the Analytical Services Manager.
- Ensure that the teams' training requirements are identified and executed effectively.
- Perform technical reviews and support to the Development team.
- Continuously identify solutions and new ways of working to help the Development team develop and the company to move forward.
- Perform other duties as and when required by the company and act always in the best interest of the company.
- Graduate of Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry related subject.
- Significant experience 5+ years of working in a GMP regulated analytical laboratory.
- A passion for leading and developing people in a scientific role.
- Good analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Experience in a range of analytical techniques for the analysis of small molecules.
- A keen eye for detail and experience in the review of technical documentation.
- Confident verbal reasoning skills with colleagues and customers.
- Results driven, customer focused and commercially astute. o This role has a requirement for people leadership.