Team Leader, Laboratory - sample registration
Location: Deeside, North Wales
Hours: Monday to Friday 08.30am - 16.30pm
Our Client, a Global testing company with facilities across the UK - is looking to recruit for an experienced Team Leader who will work at one of their main testing sites based in Deeside North Wales.
This role will focus on the coordination of the sample reception workflow within the logging in area and will assign tasks to staff in the section and the preparation area.
The role holder will ensure that all samples are logged, prepared and delivered to the analytical sections in a timely manner or stored appropriately with due regard to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality standards, issues and audit improvement actions relating to the task.
- Proactively manage all aspects of a team (this may include more than one laboratory area). You must manage SPQDC (safety, people, quality, delivery and cost requirements), whilst promoting continuous improvement, with the overall purpose of managing an engaged team and delivering customer excellence. Monitor and report on productivity and laboratory KPIs
- This role is expected to focus 25%-30% of the time on quality. The remainder of the time will be focussed on people and production management.
- See health, safety and the environment as the priority and champion this in your role
- Investigate and raise any incident, near miss or accident reports as appropriate
- Adhere to all aspects of company policies.
- Monitor and manage attendance of team members.
- Carry out investigations and/or disciplinary procedures for managing performance/attendance/misconduct.
- Carry out PDP / banding reviews with team members and manage all arising actions.
- Manage and support staff training and development to ensure training records are completed in a timely manner by your team members.
- Run daily team meetings.
- Complete 'Take 5s' biweekly and one to one's quarterly
- Continuous review of skill gaps in team and act on shortfalls
- Ensure trained deputy cover absences of team leader
- Ensure that all staff comply with appropriate methods.
- Ensure that all quality investigations, or near misses and quality chart reviews are completed on time to a sufficient standard.
- Any data checks are investigated and corrective actions are implemented if necessary.
- Carry out (quality) audit actions on time and ensure employees complete their audits on time.
- Attend quality meetings as required.
- To attend daily operations meetings participating in a manner that is focused on the customer's needs
- Attend production meetings as required
People Management experience demonstrated from a previous - production or fast paced setting
Problem solving skills
Good organisational skills
Working under pressure.