Team Leader, Microbiology
Location: Watford / Hertfordshire area
Salary: Highly competitive,
Additional: 30 days holiday inclusive of BH, free parking, upto 5% pension contribution, death in service scheme, monthly gym discount etc
Hours: 40 per week, somewhere in between the hours of 7.00 - 20.00 (Monday - Sunday)- rotating
Our Client, a rapidly expanding international testing company is looking to recruit for a Team Leader and play a vital role in the development of the food micro department. This is a brand new site and the opportunities here will be fantastic!
Providing a support function to the Section Management team, you will be responsible for Analysts and Technicians, ensuring that the testing carried out at is undertaken within quality systems and the core ethos of the business. You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
Effective and efficient organisation and management of the daily throughput of samples via:
- Continual review of staffing/Equipment and Consumables resource
- Support the ongoing development and training of junior members of staff.
- Ensure all relevant records are completed in full and on time
- Lead by example and create an inclusive work culture
- Ensure that all work undertaken is compliant to all relevant internal standards, including H&S, Quality Systems, Procedures, accreditations and Methodologies, and in line with customer expectations.
- Provide, through staff motivation and engagement, a pyschologically safe and positive working environment, facilitating the Core ethos of partnership and teamwork.
- Ensure ongoing communication with staff at all levels to identify possible efficiencies within the laboratory and be responsible for implementing and trialling these.
- Facilitate a change culture, allowing all staff the ability to put forward ideas around continual improvement.
- Support the Section Managers in ensuring that all UKAS related documentation is continually up to date
- Manage the daily discard of samples and general tidiness of the laboratory areas, ensuring that the Laboratory looks clean and tidy at all times.
- These duties are by no means exhaustive and should not be interpreted as a complete definition of the role.
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant Scientific discipline
- Will have worked in a fast paced contract testing (UKAS) environment in Senior / Leadership positions - MICRO LAB only.
- Technically competent in food, water and environmental swab testing, across a range of methods and techniques
- Previous supervisory/management experience of a team within a high throughput environment.