Team Leader, Organic/ Inorganic Testing.
Salary: Upto £29,000
Report to: Laboratory Manager
Our Client, a global testing company - part of a massive group; is looking to recruit for an experienced TL for their state-of-the-art laboratory testing facility in Cambridge. Our client boasts an impressive range of testing services and they offer solutions across various testing applications; the company itself continues to grow and they are a real player in their marketplace.
- Manage a team of Senior Analysts and Analysts to deliver exceptional performance and results in accordance with operational targets (TAT, TAT-R, etc).
- Front line operations management including resource & task allocation (including rota), capacity planning, holiday & absence management, issue ownership & resolution.
- Lead a first-class team by putting people first; performance management, training & development (in partnership with HR) and other people management functions.
- Identify skill gaps, maintaining skill matrix and coordinating cross-training within team members to reduce skill gaps.
- Coordination of cross-departmental interaction including admin tasks (insufficient, unsuitable forms etc).
- Responsible for laboratory stock levels and ensuring that supplies are ordered in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain an excellent working environment, fit for their people and customers. Responsible for upholding house-keeping standards across the laboratory.
- Ownership of complex and multi stream projects within laboratory as allocated.
- Drive improvement across all areas of operation; focus on facility and people.
- Be a leader - this is a senior role within the Organic and Inorganic Chemistry Team and will be key to promoting a people focussed, action orientated Team.
- Strong technical background and understanding gained from working with single and triple quadrupole GC-MS ideal or ICP - HPLC systems considered, TL experience is essential though.
- Demonstrated flexibility in analytical approach and ability to cope with high throughput and varied analysis in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of working under laboratory quality assurance programs e.g. ISO 17025 and proven ability to meet external accreditation requirements.
- Exceptional time management skills, attention to detail and ability to cope under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities according to business needs and customer requirements.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of managing a team of analysts, including conducting staff performance reviews.
- Experience of training and mentoring junior staff.