Team Leader, Pharmaceutical testing
Location: North Yorkshire
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Additional: Pension, Annual Bonus scheme, buy back holiday scheme/ option
Russell Taylor Group has partnered up with a leading Pharmaceutical testing company who's brand is growing every day; they are an independent contract analytical laboratory based in a stunning location and business park.
An opportunity to join the QC team has arisen and we are looking for a successful candidate to help our Client to deliver further success to our clients.
We are seeking to recruit a hard-working, highly motivated and professional Team Leader capable of working within a fast-moving quality laboratory environment.
The Quality Control Team Leader is principally responsible for the management of a Quality Control team. The job holder will maintain and build a strong QC team. Having a strong understanding of the regulatory requirements and a thorough understanding of GMP the job holder will liaise with clients to deliver results in a timely manner in line with client expectations. Working with other Team Leaders they will drive the ethos and working practices within QC. As a key member of the QC team they will; help to develop reliable and robust analytical practices that can be reliably used for QC testing.
The Quality Control Team Leader will work closely with the Quality team to ensure analytical data is recorded and reported in an accurate and consistent manner over the entire data lifecycle. This will include effective investigational support to identify root cause, contributing factors and where necessary, escalation to corrective and preventive action plans. To continuously deliver our service to ensure customer expectations are always met and often exceeded.
- To provide leadership and direction to the Scientists.
- To liaise with other team leaders within the Quality Control team to ensure a smooth transition of all work through the Department.
- Ensure that the operational activities are efficient and quality compliant and that all team members are suitably trained.
- Take responsibility for the planning and forecasting of the QC studies.
- Exhibit effective communication of scientific output to the Operations Manager.
- Report all analytical results to clients in line with company procedure.
- Create a strong scientifically knowledgeable and confident team.
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort.
- Lead by example; motivate and inspire team members to deliver an exceptional performance.
- Perform annual performance reviews for direct reports.
- Co-ordinate testing by liaising with clients, completing technical assessments, preparing quotes, protocol writing, executing test plans and generating certificates of analysis.
- Manage the testing scheduling to ensure competent and timely completion of projects while working with colleagues and managers to obtain necessary resources to support the team's requirements.
- Provide status updates of team performances against QC objectives on a regular basis to the Operations Manager.
- Ensure that the teams' training requirements are identified and executed effectively.
- Perform technical reviews and support to the QC team.
- Continuously identifying solutions and new ways of working to help the QC team develop and the company to move forward.
- Perform other duties as and when required by the company and act always in the best interest of the company.
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant/ Scientific discipline
- Extensive - HPLC Analytical experience within a GMP industry (UKAS testing may be considered).
- Management/ supervisory experience required
- Good analytical and technical problem solving skills.
- Experienced in a range of analytical techniques for the analysis of small molecules.
- A keen eye for detail and experience in the review of technical documentation.
- Confident verbal reasoning skills with colleagues and customers.
- Results driven, customer focused and commercially astute.