Role: Supervisor / Team Leader - Radio / RF
Salary: Highly competitive
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Supervisor / Team Leader to join our clients Radio Frequency Team / RF based in Hampshire. You will be responsible for the performance of the team, competent in Radar and Emergency Beacons testing to ensure that work is conducted on time and with a high level of quality. The role will also include developing the test methods and helping to improve and reduce waste in the testing processes, requiring the initiation of efficiency improvements and involvement in continuous improvement projects.
Responsibilities and authority:
- Leading the testing of Radar Systems and Emergency Beacons against the applicable standards (MED, COSPAS SARSAT, RTCM, IEC / EN) undertaken both within the radio test laboratories at Octagon House and offsite.
- Supporting scheduling activities and allocation of resource.
- Ensuring that the resource is prepared for prompt commencement of testing and that all work is carried out in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements, or defined Test Plan supplied by the customer.
- Close liaison with the Project Manager to ensure work is carried out accurately and within the budgeted costs and timescales.
- Maintaining a safe working environment; responsible for risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Liaising with the Technical and Commercial Teams to resolve any technical or client issues on current and incoming projects.
- Team welfare and developing members to be competent to fulfil their duties; implementing induction and training plans as appropriate.
- Supporting capital equipment evaluations and new service development.
- Development of new services, test methods and other departmental documentation, including evaluation of proposed capital equipment.
- Supporting Quality and Accreditation processes, for example promptly clearing non-compliances.
- Working with other Test Cell Supervisors to share best practice and maximise utilisation of resource.
- Educated to HNC level (or equivalent) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering with RF / Radio content
- An experienced engineer with practical knowledge of either Emergency Beacons or Radar systems, with the drive and potential to develop people management skills; or
- An experienced leader, able to motivate and direct a team of engineers, with the technical aptitude to develop an understanding of Marine equipment test and certification requirements and processes.
- An understanding of regulatory standards relating to marine technology.
- The ability to build strong teams, fostering positive team spirit and co-operation.
- Evidence of good organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Conscientious with good interpersonal, customer skills with a track record of exercising a good balance between technical judgement and commercial awareness.
- A willingness, enthusiasm and technical aptitude to learn.
- A good understanding of analogue and digital communications technologies.
- An understanding of the requirements of the MED, IEC / EN, COSPAS SARSAT and RTCM standards.
- Experience of using RF test equipment such as spectrum/network analyser, signal generator, RF power meter etc.
- Experience gained in performing RF accredited testing.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint