Team Leader (SFS / Construction / Manufacturing)
£ 45,000 + Bonuses
We currently have an opportunity for a SFS Team Leader to join our client's busy team based in Birmingham.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all design requirements are followed (CDM, Procedures, Planner); that the goals and objectives of the company are exceeded.
Your Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Take a proactive approach to your personal and work commitments by achieving deadlines agreed with your Line Manager. Manage your workload in an effective and diligent manner, reporting all conflicts in deadlines and activities to your Line Manager in a timely fashion.
- Take responsibility for the deadlines set by both yourself and your Line Manager and demonstrate commitment to seeing works and deadlines achieved on time and in full.
- Provide advice to in-house staff on all enquiry related issues and manage external resources whilst being hands on carrying out design work as necessary to maintain DDS dates.
- Keep the customer and other involved parties in all decision making where a risk or action may be required by either the company SBS or other parties. To ensure that adequate records are kept of all communications with external companies in accordance with company protocol.
- Maintain an awareness of all technical and product evolution issues, to assist the Line Manager in the task of ensuring the company is able to respond to technical advancements within the industry. To facilitate maintain the knowledge bank structure.
- Maintaining the satisfaction of existing clients and development of new skills and services in accordance with the company business needs. Develop customer relations and develop strategic partnership.
- Keep the manager informed of changing situations and progress in achieving tasks and respond promptly to requests for information both internally and externally.
- Work with Line Manager to develop a culture which addresses the root cause analysis of the company's related ENCR's.
- Provide technical support for the design team for the company's enquiries and for external enquiries regarding the suitability of the company's product to individual schemes.
- Carry out any other duties that may be required to provide technical support for the company's product.
- Demonstrating the ability to nurture and develop new starters within the SFS design team.
- Attend Design Team Meetings without support and to speak about technical issues and promote the company. To be smart in appearance and conduct all affairs both inside and outside your normal place of work in a professional and efficient manner that promotes the Company and enhances its reputation.
- Provide Technical support to Architects, Engineers, External Sub-Contractors, Customer Service Team, SFS Installers and Factory on all design and technical issues; must be able to Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the company's product range and Load bearing structures.
- Take responsibility for the preparation and issue of the company's GA's, whilst managing resource to ensure delivery on time and in full.
- Work close with Engineering (External/ Internal), Commercial, and Site team in delivering a quality product, raising VO for additional works, whilst ensuring NCRs are kept to a minimum.
- Prepare Production Issue Packs for the Customer Service Team using file data transfer Apps.
- Assisting with upkeeping/ creating of process, and procedure in keeping with IOS9001 Certification.
Your Skills and Qualifications
- A qualification in a technical subject is required. It is desirable that the person has a recognised construction-based accreditation.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, and strong drive for results. Display strength of character and determincation not to be distracted from achieving team goals.
- Be aware of the requirement to work as part of a team. Adopt a flexible approach to workload whilst demonstrating a willingness to take on additional work. Deliver administrative records on time and up to date.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of the company's product and should be able to demonstrate this to everyone from shop floor to senior management.
- Possess 5+years knowledge of company's structures, with a proven track record of delivering SFS project to site on time and in full.
- Clearly and concisely express key issues at a level that suits the listener and confidently
- handle challenges or unexpected issues.
- Participation in training and social activities inside and outside the working day and office.
- Contribution to the "character" of the company by conducting yourself in a professional and helpful manner. To develop strong and collaborative working relationships with your colleagues.
- Have the ability to write technical and management reports.
- Demonstrate you have a sound working knowledge and skill in using 2 and 3D CAD (AutoCAD, and Tekla Structures), and the ability to handle data appropriate to your role.
- 'Can do' attitude, get things done, persistent and never ever gives up.
- Continually looking to develop oneself.
- Champion the customer's requirements at all times.
- Be enthusiastic, effective, passionate, and productive. Show dedication to the job in hand, and work hard to deliver it efficiently.
- Be approachable, authentic, and keeping perspective. Values genuine relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Be consistent, credible, and reliable. Have the courage to be honest.
Your Contractual Benefits
Full Onsite Facilities. Career progression and development. 10% Bonus
Please click on the link to apply ensuring all your contact information and CV are fully up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Recruitment Consultant