Role: Customer Service - Technical Account Manager
Managing customer requirements, your focus will be the execution and provision of a first-class customer service. By minimising disruption to the customer through effective onboarding, account management and ongoing communication, you will be instrumental in the integration of our people and services into the customers core business. As Technical Account Manager you will be responsible for meeting monthly and quarterly quotas while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction as well as identifying new sales opportunities within existing clients. Reporting to the Customer Services Manager, you will be responsible for a designated number of existing accounts along with providing training and support to junior members of the team.
- Identify and manage the customer through acquiring a thorough understanding of their immediate needs, and their future requirements, and meeting these.
- Dealing with phone queries for information, quotes and customers chasing results.
- Delivery of the highest level of customer service, building strong relationships, ensuring that our customers do not want to look elsewhere for their service.
- Ensuring Account Administrators meet set Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) around customer services.
- To supervise junior staff within your area, provide training and ensure their workload is organised to ensure customer turnaround times are met.
- Working with the CSM to monitor the performance of the junior staff in your area and contribute to annual, end of probation and performance reviews.
- Attending customer review meetings to gain feedback on performance, identify additional service lines and keep the customer updated with new information about the company.
- Undertake account management of key customers
- To assist the CSM with audit actions.
- Deputise for the Customer Services Manager when required.
- Assist the CSM in implementing new procedures and identify where efficiencies can be made
- All staff are responsible for their own training records. Training records have to be up-to-date to progress within the career model.
- Act as an ambassador for the company brand and values.
- Provide weekly reports on your customers to the management and sales team.
Via Effective management of Account Admin team:
- Support the logistics functions by communicating the needs of the customer.
- Develop and maintain a strong, confident and professional relationship with customers to ensure that they are receiving an exemplary service.
- Maintain effective communication with the laboratory areas, ensuring that the customer receives results in the required time frames, or that they are kept apprised of issues where this is not possible.
- Ensure that all correspondence with the customer is logged in accordance with company procedure
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints through company procedures to ensure maximised communication with the customer, until a satisfactory outcome is achieved.
Qualifications / Skills/ Experience
- Experience of working in a fast paced, high volume, customer service environment.
- Able to communicate with key stakeholders at all levels by phone, e-mail or face to face.
- I.T. literate.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to train, mentor and supervise junior staff with excellent people management skills
- High level of attention to detail.
- Exceptional root cause analysis ability to problem solve and provide solutions that work for the customer and the business.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication ability.
- Accurate data entry skills and highly numerate.
- Knowledge of customer services procedures.
- Close attention to detail and an understanding of operating within a quality system.
- Good IT skills (Microsoft based products; Office 365, Excel and Word).
- Reliable with good time-keeping.
- Strong prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Positive attitude towards change.
- Adaptability to use various in-house systems and processes.