Role: Technical and Regulatory Project Engineer (electronics / consumer technology) RF
Salary: Highly Competitive + Benefits
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Technical and Regulatory Project Engineer (electronics /consumer technology) to join our client's team based in Hampshire. Due to ongoing growth, our client are currently seeking an experienced Technical Project Engineer to join the Consumer Electronics division, in Hampshire, which is one of the most competitive and complex industries when it comes to regulatory and environmental requirements. As the successful Tech PM you will plan and carry out complex and high-level projects to achieve stated objective as well as supporting the planning and direction of project schedules and budgets.
- Assist other teams internally with technical and regulatory aspects such as selecting appropriate test standards, permitted regulatory approaches, integration of RF modules, RF Exposure routes. This may, on occasion, be away from the office at a manufacturer's premises during front-end meetings.
- Generate test proposals for CE Marking (primarily Radio Equipment and EMC Directives, some Medical and Automotive), FCC (15B, 15C, 15E, Parts 22/24/27 devices) and ISED Canada (ICES-003, RSS-210, RSS-247, RSS-102) market regions for consumer electronics devices often containing unlicensed and/or licensed band RF devices.
- Assist manufacturers with sample configuration requirements for the compliance test environment.
- Project manage the samples into the building, review test schedules, manage non-compliance issues / rescheduling, report test progress to manufacturers, issue test reports and field change requests.
- Experience of Regulatory requirements for EU and North American region preferable. Other in-country testing / approval experience will be considered a reasonable substitute.
- Experience of wireless RF technologies such as 802.11 WLAN, Bluetooth, SRD's preferable. Cellular, Point to point, mmWave devices, SES, GNSS, WPT devices also considered valuable.
- Experience of EMC wireless and non-wireless testing methodologies and standards preferable.
- Experience of Project Management within a compliance / certification / electronics-testing environment.
- Experience of working in an ISO 17025 lab preferable but experience with any ISO quality system such as 9000 is highly desired. The candidate shall have strong alignment with following procedures.
- Relevant degree within Engineering / Electronics.