The Technical Application Engineer (TAE) - Asset Conditioning (EMEA) provides pre and post sales technical field engineering and training support to sales team, channel partners, and customers. This role provides technical expertise on the clients On-line Asset Condition Monitoring; In-Service Testing; and Off-Line Testing products. The TAE will be responsible for analysis of test results, training and consultation within a region of EMEA. In addition, the TAE is to expand the market for company by identifying and reaching out to new potential customers and market segments. This position reports to the Regional Sales Director (RSD)-EMEA.
- Provides technical support for company products and associated services through on-site support and services; as well as remote support via email, telephone and web-based solutions.
- Delivers technical and training support on operation and data interpretation of company products.
- Actively participate in the pre-sales activities to ensure the technical aspects of company Products are demonstrated/communicated.
- Provides engineering support and written reports on the interpretation of data measured by company products.
- Provides support to internal stakeholders such as RSMs and Channel Partners as part of the product development process to include testing of software and hardware.
- Reviews submitted test data sheets and provide written reports on abnormal conditions as required by sales support, technical support, and training support.
- Writes and submits information for all customer visits into the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Assists in providing technical expertise for research and development projects.
- Participates in conferences/trade shows and other company sponsored events including committee meetings, general sessions, user group meetings and meeting with clients.
- Writes technical papers, application notes, guides on topics related to client On-Line Monitoring products and services.
- Acts as a "company representative" and advocate for the company and the company's customers.
- Provides Voice of the Customer feedback to engineering, solutions, and management team.
- Collaborates with other departments and all individuals to facilitate positive working relationships with all internal and external company stakeholders.
- Reports existing issues via established software bug-logging system.
- Concentrates on developing new revenue streams by supporting the development of new customers as well as helping to support existing customers.
- A minimum of 5 years minimum technical applications experience and related technical experience.
- Technical knowledge of On-line Asset Condition Monitoring; In-Service Testing; Off-Line Testing products, including related software.
- Technical field engineering support and/or commissioning experience.
- Excellent relationship building skills with internal and external customers.
- Outstanding technical presentation skills in making presentations to a spectrum of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A history of meeting customer driven deadlines.
- An anticipation of needs and proactive approach.
- Analytical skills to problem solving and propose solutions.
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Other Helpful Information
- Experience in the electric utility industry.
- Pre and post sales technical field engineering support experience.
- Technical skills in Partial Discharge detection and DGA.
- Previous experience using company products relating to On-line Asset Condition Monitoring; In-Service Testing; and Off-Line Testing.
- Experience in using a CRM system such as Salesforce.com.
- Previous experience working for an US company.
- Fluency in additional regional languages, both verbal and written, such as Spanish, French, German and Arabic.
- Experience working in a global environment.