Technical Bid Manager
A world leader in the area of remote handling for hostile environments and providing radiological waste management solutions is now looking to recruit a commercially focused Bid Manager within their Nuclear offering.
The multi-faceted role's principle purpose is to support rapid growth of this business stream as it moves from concept development to implementation. This techno-commercial role will offer the right candidate a challenging, diverse and exciting career development opportunity as part of a dynamic team leading change in the nuclear sector.
Working as part of the business development team, the main focus will be on developing and managing opportunities throughout the business stream. There is also huge scope to become involved in project delivery and create a role as a key driver of the developing business. Other responsibilities include;
* Manage and produce bids to the highest standard
* Develop relationships with key customers and supply chain
* Liaise with Technical/Planning to produce estimating and pricing
* Work as a team to manage sales pipeline, qualify new sales leads, coordinate production of bids.
* Perform market research to create opportunities
* Assess novel technologies against UK market needs
* Technical bid writing
Proven experience in the creation and submission of successful commercial tenders is essential. As well as this, the following is desired;
* Knowledge base of nuclear decommissioning, fusion markets, and waste management
* University degree in relevant science/engineering discipline
* Experience of thermal treatment technologies
* Formal business training in product innovation and strategic marketing
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Technical problem solver with a creative mindset
* Strong MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills
A competitive salary is on offer in line with your experience and qualifications. The company also offers;
* Company pension scheme - 5% annual basic salary
* 26 days annual leave rising annually to a maximum 31 days + statutory
* Bonus scheme
* Private health checks annually
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting organisation. Apply now!
Russell Taylor is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.