Technical Bid Writer
Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for an experienced B2B Technical Bid Writer to join one of our Client's rapidly growing Technology business where you will respond to both Private and Public sector bids and Public Body Frameworks.
You will be responsible for writing and winning customer-centric proposals based on client engagement and also PQQs, tenders and related documents that achieve high bid conversion rates. Working within a friendly and supportive team of bidding professionals, you will work with subject matter experts to compile and ensure a high quality and bespoke solution is offered to our clients. With an adaptability to deal with changing project requirements you will be responsible for writing in a clear and articulate manner and will be self-motivated, hardworking and accurate in your approach to work; paying great attention to detail and continuously striving for improvement.
For the right candidate there is also the opportunity to take on the responsibility of acting as the lead demonstrator to clients for our suite of solutions.
The ability to interpret the client's requirements, produce subcontract specification requirements and identifying suitable subcontract suppliers when required would be useful. A reasonable amount of travel to customer or supplier sites is expected, either attending with the relevant sales lead, other engineering staff or on your own.
You will be required to:
* Work closely with bid teams and subject matter experts and provide technical and commercial writing skills, display creative flair in tender plans ensuring high standards of accuracy and document control against agreed deadlines are met.
* Support Bid Manager and at times take the lead to facilitate win themes, storyboarding, answer planning and writing workshops.
* Analyse and understand PQQs and tenders quality scoring criteria and client requirements as well as the preferences of the target audience
* Conduct research, interview contributors and gather information from a wide range of sources, writing from scratch or editing material as appropriate
* Develop and refine drafts into customer-focussed responses that are clear, well-structured and focus on benefits
* Prepare cost estimates and lead preparation for each gateway review process as part of our governance process.
* Ensure consistency with house style and alignment with customer terminology
* Work with graphic designers to produce appropriate graphics that enhance the response
* Contribute to review meetings and consider review comments from review team to enhance PQQs and quality bid content
* Ensure completion of narrative meet the required internal and external deadlines at every stage in the bid process
* Follow formal systems and governance processes and ensure timely delivery of tasks within strict timescales
* A Software or Hardware engineering background with a good understanding of the engineering processes used in the development and execution of successful solutions.
* A natural curiosity to learn new technologies and solutions.
* Experience in effective time management to meet tight deadlines.
* Ability to achieve security clearance to at least SC level.
* Works to APMP standards.