Facades Technical Director(Facades Construction & Manufacturing)
Salary & Package negotiable DOE
Our client is a multinational company who provide sustainable products and systems into the construction industry. They already have an incredibly established portfolio in facades, however at such an exciting time they have relocated their whole team to St Helens where they are broadening their product range, expanding the facades portfolio and capitalising on the global mega-trend towards the urban environment, tall buildings and have recently given this as their focus by setting up a stand-alone division.
They have invested heavily in this new division of facades, a new Board with new Management and are now looking for an experienced Facades Technical Director to join and lead the team.
Your Role as Facades Technical Director
To develop and implement system engineering strategies that will support the business in increasing variable contribution margins to 35% by 2022/23.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop robust procedures for the design and engineering of the company's products and systems
- Develop and maintain efficient tools and methodologies for substantiation of system performance in compliance with relevant standards
- Define and develop the new product development (NPD) strategy
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of new technologies, applications and research in the field
- Serve as the technical expert at the head of the technical function, solving technical problems and managing risks and opportunities
- Support the training and development of the design team
- Oversee the development and maintenance of technical assets to support the business including specifications, standard and typical details, standard component libraries, data sheets, white papers etc.
- Lead and disseminate findings of retrospective reviews for continuous improvement.
- Maintain awareness of current and upcoming legislation regarding our products and their integration into the projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree qualified in an engineering subject and with a minimum of 10 years' experience in a senior technical role, preferably within the new construction arena (facades or architectural metalwork).
- Authentic leader of high performing technical teams.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Analytical - able to assess information in a variety and formats to derive optimum design solutions.
- Numerate - capable of working with numbers to calculate performance against requirements.
- Inquisitive - willing to look at the big picture and be proactive in identifying potential risks and opportunities.
- Innovative - creativity to develop solutions that fulfil the technical and commercial brief.
- Experienced use of Autodesk suite of products, ideally including Inventor and Revit.
- Technical competence - capability to digest and apply detailed technical information.
- Genuine team player with ability to work across departments.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure.
Salary negotiable £80,000+ depending on experience. + Company car
Management bonus scheme - 20% of salary
Holiday Entitlement - 25 days per annum (3 or 4 days to be taken at Christmas)
8:30am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday,
8:30am - 4:00pm Friday. Half an hour for lunch
Please apply via cv submission or contact Mike Cairns on 07741 260386 to discuss further.