Technical Director - Highways - Birmingham
Russell Taylor group are currently working with a world leader in providing professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients.
Our client has an unrivalled reputation in the Highways UK infrastructure consultancy sector as a result of an extensive profile of major projects with clients that include Highways England (HE), Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, national and regional contractors and several noteworthy Local Authorities.
As a Technical Director, you will have people management responsibilities and will be the lead on a diverse range of projects. Responsibilities will include:
- Leadership, growth and development of the regional highway team adding value to the established national and international capability;
- Preparation of proposals and designs at feasibility, optioneering, planning and detailed design stages;
- Identifying and leading on added value, sustainable engineering and Lean initiatives relating to Highways;
- Providing technical direction to design engineers, graduates and technicians;
- Liaison with clients, contractors and third parties;
- Interfacing with other Jacobs disciplines and offices such as Highway Structures, Technology, Geotechnical, Rail, Transport Planning, and Environmental;
- Resolving technical issues as they occur and monitoring progress in your areas of responsibility;
- Managing project delivery including financial management and monitoring;
- People/team management and local recruitment;
- Client Relationship Management at all levels in client organisations.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil Engineering;
- Chartered Member of ICE or equivalent;
- A leading approach to health and safety in all things
- Experience in the highways sector including the delivery of HE projects;
- Experience of liaising/negotiating with client representatives and staff at a senior level;
- Thorough understanding and practical application of the DMRB
- Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options including but not limited to NEC3.
- Able to produce well-presented and technically accurate reports;
- Workload and resource management skills;
- Capability to oversee tasks and costs and deliver programmed work on time and under budget including adoption of EVA techniques;
- Good IT and presentation skills;
- Experience of motivating and driving delivery teams;
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice Experience of managing multi-disciplined projects being delivered by teams at various geographical locations both within the UK and overseas
- Strong evidence of Continued Professional Development within technical specialism.
SHOULD YOU REQUIRE FURTHER INFRORMATION OR WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS IN CONFIDENCE, PLEASE CALL ME FOR A CONFIDENTIAL CHAT ON 0151 304 7034 OR EMAIL email@example.com