Technical Estimator (Facades Construction & Manufacturing)
Office and Hydrid working
Our client is a multinational company who provide sustainable products and systems for the construction industry. They already have an incredibly established portfolio in facades however at such an exciting time they are now continuing to grow and develop their brand and they already have an established 'roofing' business, they are broadening their product range, expanding the facades and capitalising on the global mega-trend towards the urban environment and tall buildings and have recently given this as their focus by setting up a stand-alone division. They have invested heavily in this new division of facades and are now looking for a Technical Estimator to join this rapidly expanding business.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you can join, utilise all of your knowledge AND be a part of something genuinely career changing, this could be your next new role.
- Provide technical and cost advice to internal stakeholders;
- Price qualified tender enquiries in line with company policy and authority protocols;
- Provide costs for variation items;
- Detail potential value engineering options
- Ensure bid compliance with CDM and Health and Safety requirements.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical advice and costs for multiple projects; * Manage the bid process on tender enquiries; * Produce reports explaining deviations from original estimates / designs / scope; * Liaise with design and procurement teams to establish product costs; * Regular communication with project managers to estimate installation costs; * Review actual vs estimated costs to feed information back into future estimates; * Liaise with clients to understand how bid fits with cost plan; * Identify and validate potential cost saving initiatives; * Mitigate commercial risk by submitting detailed itemised bids; * Price variation items for ongoing projects; * Assist the QS team with information to help administer contracts
The preferred candidate will Ideally have a HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a Building Services Diploma. With a minimum 2 years of experience in a sub-contractor Estimating role, preferably in the preferably in the curtain walling, structural steel or facades sectors.
For an informal discussion contact Mike Cairns on 07741260386 or apply via cv submission