Role: - EMC Technical Lead
Location: - Worcestshire or South West England
Salary: - Competitive (DOE)
Russell-Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity to join our client's global Testing, Certification and Inspection Company as a Technical Lead. Vast EMC experience is required to join a growing testing lab in either site Worcestshire or South West England. If you have significant experience in testing to military EMC standards including the likes of DEF STAND, MIL-STD or RTCA/DO-160 please apply within.
- Design new measurement methods
- Maintain awareness of new testing requirements and regularly review standards and procedures to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Carry out technical auditing
- Providing technical training to the EMC team/group
- Represent the company at suitable association meetings.
- Assess EMC specifications
- Co-ordinate and support UKAS assessments
- Ensure that all testing staff have been co-ordinated, issued and a maintained a record of test specifications.
- Familiarise with testing equipment functions, measurements and calibration techniques in the day- to-day laboratory.
- Support & maintain test software, perform validations and facilitate driver support for testing equipment.
- Liaise with engineers for technical support
- Coordinate inter-site comparisons and undertake trend analysis
- Design & build test fixtures when needed or improve processes & practices to drive efficiency improvements
- Support the technical test staff, sales & customer projects across the EMC division.
- Evaluate product demonstrations
- Guarantee commercial confidentiality is maintained
- Degree (or equivalent) in relevant subject
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience (electronics)
- Knowledge of EMC testing/design
- Security clearance is required- candidate needs to have lived in the UK throughout the last 5 years.