Role: - Technical Manager (Medical Device, Pharma, Personal Care)
Location: - North Yorkshire- travel required
Type:- 18 month FTC
Benefits:- 5% bonus, BUPA Private Medical Insurance ,25 days holiday + 8 bank holiday, Pension max 8%, 4 x Salary death in service, canteen, gym
Russell Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for a technical/project based managed to help with the transfer of sites to North Yorkshire. This will be a large project covering a variety of steams to ensure efficient transfer of the production facility. The ideal candidate will be expected to understand the products and processes, establish validation strategies and be able to propose solutions for logistics and technical problems. Experience in the Medical Device industry would be preferred, but a similar regulated environment will be considered.
- Working on asset transfer of production facility
- Understand the products and processes.
- Establish validation strategies for each product ensuring that they are in line with industry standards and the QMS.
- Approve all validation documentation.
- Accountable for strategic planning, delivery and ensuring customer requirements are met for all scientific work-streams. These steams include;
-Performance qualifications for mixing, coating, conversion, and packaging processes on new and transferred equipment.
-R&D Laboratory, test equipment & test method relocation
-Stability programme, facility and test methodology move.
-Respond to any customer technical questions regarding impact of the move on their products, product design & product safety.
-Provide technical reports, rationales & supporting documentation as well as relocating R&D design files & records.
- Propose solutions to logistical and technical problems.
- Work closely with various teams and existing technical managers to ensure that timelines for transfer are met.
- Lead a small team of Lab Technicians, Project Scientists and/or technical leaders.
- Lead several smaller projects simultaneously and take responsibility for managing the workload.
- Communicate with finance to understand project costing.
- Awareness of change control, product stability, design control, medical device regulation, biological safety, and material compliance.
- Degree in Scientific field (could include Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Materials Engineering discipline)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience ideally in the Medical Device industry, but other regulated industries will be considered.
- Leadership & people management
- A qualification in process excellence would be preferred (e.g.- six sigma etc)
- Previous experience in project management, technical assessment & process validation
- Ability to work independently, but also have excellent communication skills with other teams/managers.
- Ability to problem solve