We are now recruiting for a leading manufacturing in the Manchester location, this company prides itself in quality of product and such is its reputation in the market. This is a pivotal role in the continuations and development and investment into the site, great opportunity!
- To create and lead a technically proficient team to support production and sales disciplines regarding quality standards and future technical developments.
- To improve the knowledge of the team to result in a cross discipline group of people who will become the technical support on all areas of fabric production and supply.
- To be responsible for fabric quality control standards within the company
- To manage the laboratory facility in an efficient and dynamic manner to meet the company's current and future requirements and ensure that projects identified are delivered to meet objectives and time frames
- Liaise with external control, processing resources to apply Company standards to work undertaken on our behalf.
- Set up required quality control criteria with any new fabric or external process supply source in order to ensure stocks held or produced for Company meet agreed specification
- Set up a system where supplier's performance can be measured. Use Company reports to focus suppliers to improve areas of quality control.
- Constantly review inspection and reporting methods and advise how continuous improvement of product quality can be achieved from both external and internal supply sources.
- Identify external finishing resources and advise on those capable of providing quality finishing options which meet Company requirements.
- Recognised qualification in textiles.
- Extensive knowledge of fabric manufacturing methods and Quality Control systems and methods
- Previous managerial experience in a technical / production environment, and evidence of strong analytical skills.