£40 - £45k
We have an excellent opportunity for a Technical manager to join an established Food/FMCG manufacturing plant.
Reporting to the Operations Director the Technical Manager has overall responsibility for the implementation of the Company's policies so that all manufactured products meet agreed standards to ensure product safety, legality and quality
- Health and Safety of self and to ensure working practises are adopted in the department.
- The management and co-ordination of the Technical Department in terms of staff and equipment to meet the above objectives.
- The management of the departmental budget.
- Knowledge of current U.K and E.C legislation relevant to the manufacture, composition, packaging and labelling of the Company's products.
- The creation and maintenance of the Company's raw material and finished product specification documents.
- The creation and agreement with customers of private label finished product specification documents.
- Liaison with customers on all technical issues.
- Assuring the technical viability of all new product development.
- Investigation and response to formal and informal issues raised by Regulatory Bodies, viz. Trading Standards and Environmental Health Departments.
- Sourcing and reviewing third party contract technical services e.g. Analysis, Supplier Auditing, Pest Control.
- Submission of recipe Declarations to the Rural Payments Agency and assisting Customs & Excise Officers during verification exercises.
- HACCP team leader.
- Authorisation of consumer complaints responses.
- Ensuring that all departmental staff, whenever relevant, have the opportunity for continued career development.
- Supporting the Q.A. Supervisor in all aspects in his role.
- Maintain and review the company food safety system, their effectiveness to identify improvements needed to senior management
- Drive Improvements in GMP auditing and standards
- Ensure compliance with relevant audit standards BRC, Aldi etc.
- Deliver the move to on line QC
- Restructure department within existing budget to meet future requirements.
If you feel you have the required skills for this role please click the link to apply