Technical Manager who is able to lead and manage our Research & Development and Applications Engineering teams in line with the Company's strategy. We have market-leading products and services, which need to be continuously improved and developed to sustain our growth in sales and operating profits. The Technical Manager will report to the Managing Director and will have a position within the senior management team.
- Management of all technical activities in accordance with best/cost-effective practice.
- Responsible for providing technical direction for design, development and systems application from the definition phase through to full implementation and end-of-life.
- Technical adjudication, site visits and customer meetings
- Coach, mentor and develop staff as required
- Management of the technical project plans and revision as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify areas for improvement and lead the implementation of effective and sustainable solutions where appropriate.
- Management of industry code change monitoring and compliance.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and management of resources accordingly
- Provide technical updates to the senior management team.
- Liaises with the Operations Manager to ensure the smooth running of Order Book execution.
- Proven track record of innovation and technical management in delivering sustainable technical solutions
- Will have experience of FMEA and, ideally, PRINCE2 techniques.
- A manager of people with a measurable track record of creating and managing successful technical teams and projects; will have a significant responsibility for performance evaluation and people development.
- A good facilitator and communicator.
- A strong completer/finisher mentality with good analytical skills. Strategic improvements must be deliverable, tangible and objective orientated.
- Qualified to degree level with a minimum of three years' senior technical management experience within an electro-mechanical engineering environment.
- Proven track record of delivering New Product Development