We are thrilled to be working alongside our client who are a well-established family run food manufacturing organisation in the Trafford Park area.
As the Technical Manager you must be able to effectively direct the work of the Technical Department, to ensure that an effective technical service to the site is maintained and developed.
Are you an experienced Technical Manager with experience of BRC Global Standards? Would you like an opportunity to work for a family run company that take pride in their brand and are dedicated to keeping a good company ethos, a company who is passionate about their employee's development, continuously striving to help them achieve this through investing in training? If the answer is yes... THIS could be your new position.
You're New Role and Responsibilities as a Technical Manager will be:
- To ensure that the Company Quality and Food Safety System, Policies, Procedures and Standards meet all safety, legality and quality requirements.
- You will be determining that the quality, safety and legality is met at each stage of the production process by liaising effectively with all relevant parties in a troubleshooting capacity.
- To liaise with senior management regarding the use of borderline materials or products and advising them on which may affect the safety or legal compliance of products
- You will also be responsible for making changes to the factory Quality & Food Safety Systems where required.
- To liaise with senior management regarding the use of borderline materials or products and advising them on which may affect the safety or legal compliance of products.
- Making sure that appropriate assessments are carried out on the raw materials, semi-finished products and finished products, to ensure compliance with the relevant specifications and to make decisions regarding the acceptance or rejection.
- Ensure that Factory Personal Hygiene and Food Safety Regulations are enforced.
- To liaise with the Management Team with regard to action arising from information concerning safety, legality and quality from internal and external audits, the laboratories, consumer complaints and other sources and to advise senior management and operatives accordingly in these areas. To manage and develop the role of all site personnel in the area of quality assurance.
- Advise and consult with all relevant parties within the business including suppliers and others concerning safety, legality and quality issues.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing operation and to assist in problem solving concerning safety, legality and quality issues throughout the site.
- Advice and expertise in the assessment of new suppliers, raw materials, product complaint investigations and troubleshooting. To establish, maintain and improve supplier relationships and to work with suppliers to improve the materials in terms of cost, safety, legality and quality.
- To train, Develop, Implement and periodically audit the Quality & Food Safety System procedures. These systems will include the site Quality & Food Safety Manual; HACCP Studies; Quality & Food Safety Procedures; Work Instructions; Product Specifications; Ingredient Specifications and forms as appropriate.
- Processing complaints from both clients or suppliers and working with either parties to solve any related technical problems or any problems relating to product safety, legality and quality.
- Working with the Production Managers regarding the effectiveness of hygiene procedures and to advice on the preparation and improvement of hygiene schedules and cleaning instructions.
- Liaising with chemical supplier representative to improve the effectiveness of cleaning operations and the use of chemicals.
- To escort and assist with external body communications or visits to site.
- To constantly look to improve, work on ideas of developments and processes that you feel would improve any of the above areas.
- Computer literate, have experience of working with Excel, word and ERP systems
Your Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Degree or equivalent on Microbiology, Food Science, Food Technology or a related subject
- Previous experience in a technical role
- Level 3 in Food Safety
- Level 3 HACCP
- Internal Auditor Training
Your Personal Skills
- Good communication skills in both Verbal & written, have the ability to negotiation, write report and present presentations when required.
- Be a real Team builder using motivational skills, as well as being a team player when required.
- Have knowledge of Food Legislation, Quality & Food Safety Procedures, HACCP microbiological and analytical techniques and interpretation of results and factory and Company Procedures, Policies and Quality Standards
- Have a strong understanding of quality, safety and legality management, manufacturing and statistical techniques.
- Ability to develop good working relationship with managers in other areas of the business, to deliver the common goals of the business in terms of profitability and provision of agreed service levels to customers.
- Willingness to embrace change and developing skills within your team
- Knowledge and experience of Organoleptic techniques and assessments of raw materials.
- Computer literacy
- 28 Days Holiday
- Retail Discount
- Charity Fundraising Events
- Company Pension Scheme
- Access to all onsite facilities