Technical Manager, Organic/ Inorganic Laboratory Testing
Location: Cambridge area
Hours: Days: Monday - Friday
Salary: Upto £60,000 DOE
Additional: Parking onsite, 10 bonus, company pension etc.
Our client, part of a global testing organisation, are looking to appoint an experienced Technical Manager; who will play a key part in the development of the method development/ validation technical team there.
- Actively contribute and play the leading role in the implementation of Laboratory development through strategic roadmaps, including capacity assessments, choice of technology, methodology, instrumentation, and other areas as required.
- Instigate, drive, and monitor all aspects of technical development within the laboratory
- Develop, compile and present method validation packages in line with accreditation requirements
- Be accountable for and oversee research and develop in new and diverse analytical techniques based on business and client requirements
- Utilise the groups technical resource and best practice principals to enhance a leading edge in developing methods.
- Instigate improvements processes which will enhance instruments utilization, reduce re-work, improve quality of our analytical services
- Provide technical support and advice to clients
- Provide technical support and advice to all aspects of the laboratory as required
- Act as subject expert internally and represent company within Group and external regulatory bodies
- Assist quality team during internal and external audits, and act as auditor
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant, Scientific discipline.
- Significant method development/ method validation (either organic or inorganic) in a UKAS 17025 setting.
- Excellent people management skills; experience in leading change and management of multiple work streams
- Strong organisational skills, with high demand on meeting deadlines and commitments
- Track record in technical improvement projects and method development.
- Excellent financial acumen
- Fine communication (oral and written) and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills and statistical analysis experience
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement Tools, such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, LEAN, Kaizen, Root Cause Analysis, TOC