Role: - Technical QA Manager (FMCG)
Location: - Greater Manchester
Salary: - Competitive
Working Hours:- Monday-Friday 08:00-17:00pm
Are you an independent worker, have prior knowledge with BRC/SALSA regulations and have previous experience working within Quality (dealing with QMS, non-conformances and audits) and are looking for a new opportunity? Russell- Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for a Technical QA Manager to join a unique, creative, and growing distillery business in the Manchester area. If you are an independent worker who would thrive off being the sole responsibility for the Quality of the business, please apply within.
- Manage, review, and update the QMS accordingly.
- Manage customer audits, visits and temporary work permits
- Assess quality of incoming goods and handle non-conformances and deviations
- Provide technical support to the NPD team and provide further support manufacturing and supply chain ensuring raw material approval.
- Prepare and manage all internal audits
- Review SOPS to ensure that they are compliant, whilst also overviewing the renewal/revision dates of the SOPS in conjunction with staff.
- Ensure technical agreement with third party suppliers for equipment and services are fit for purpose.
- Be the lead requirement for HACCP, COSHH, PPE, Fire Safety, Environmental and Waste Management and Health and Hygiene Standards.
- Work with the business to deliver the required documentation for SALSA accreditation.
- Maintain QA audit schedule
- Keep up to date with any changes in regulations and legislations.
- Perform internal facility inspections and coordinate the response to any findings. This will include the reviews of laboratory and manufacturing areas which then the findings will be discussed with the directors.
- Complete customer product and supplier approval questionnaires.
- Prepare and deliver in-house courses to main the quality of work produced.
- Maintain staff training records whilst periodically reviewing them.
- Maintain and archive of records for laboratory and production equipment including validation, maintenance, calibration, and servicing.
- Ensure label compliance
- Maintain quality requirements of ERP system.
- Allergan control awareness and testing
- Previous working experience in an FMCG, Food or Drink environment
- Previous working experience in quality related role
- Experience with CAPA, Non-conformances, deviations, complaints, and compliance.
- Lead Audit trained
- Working knowledge of either BRC or SALSA
- Qualified in HACCP and Food Safety Level 2